Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thank you, Pakcik Hassan

I wrote my first posting on my blog in June this year.   Then i kind of forgot about it.  Then i received a nice surprise in my email.  An email from someone called Pakcik Hassan.  He urged me to write. And think there's a lot of people out there who are like me, love to write but then do not really make time for it.  Therefore I would like to share his letter with all of you, with his permission of course.  And one person that I am sure can benefit from the letter is Nali Ahmad.

I owe it to Pak Hassan.  Thank you Pakcik Hassan.

"Encik Nordin,
 
I came to your blog by accident and was surprised to find the June posting was the first and had been updated despite a promise to relate about your family trip. I wonder why.
 
I started blogging three, four years ago. I did it for a reason. I had been running a voluntary school for my kampong children for over ten years. It was doing well with a measure of success. It was a gratifying effort and I wanted to write aboit it to tell visitors that it is worth our efford to help the poor  children around us in education. Gift of monet and material does not go very far but education is for life. My blog is meant to be a small window to see through, not meant to be a showcase. Thse, my single-handed voluntary work and blog writing, have been running fairly well, alhamdilillah.
 
So, why should you stop. You have a message, a deep-seated desire to express your inner conviction that this world is temporary. Indeed it is so. Give yourself a chance to tell the readers why you feel so;  incidents, expreriences, tragedies, successes in your life? you seem to be able to express well in English. It is a shame if all has gone cold before it starts. Push on. Express your inner self with feeling and sincerity, without attempts to show off.  It does not matter if you have one or two readers. You have children.  Matured as you are one dy, they will assess your writing and tke in what you are telling them today while you are well and healthy. After all this is all temporary as you rightly believe.
 
Salaam
Pakcik Hassan"

2 comments:

  1. your pakcik hassan sounds like someone i would very much enjoy reading and knowing. how may i find his blog? tq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Pak Hassan, shoud I tell her? I think I shoud coz she will enjoy your writings.

    Nali, Pak Hassan is indeed a very interesting person. U will find out soon after you go through his blogs right from the beginning, way back in 2006. And the best part is that he is from Terengganu, very near to my mom's house in Wakaf Tengah, Batu Rakit. I can't wait for the day that i would meet him in person.

    ReplyDelete

Visitors