Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tan Sri P Ramlee

Who doesn't know P Ramlee? I am sure almost everyone in Malaysia knows him.  But how many people know what he went through during the last few years of his life. I didn't know  it until i watched the documentary in National Geographic a few days ago.

It really sad to know that he was having a very difficult life then.  It makes me feel angry.  Today we call him Seniman Agung.  The Government gave him the title "Tan Sri".  But all that happened after he is no longer with us. I am angry because it is very typical of our people, to only appreciate someone after that person is no longer with us.  P Ramlee died as a poor, lonely and distressed person.

Dear Ramlee, if you can hear me, my "suara hati", please accept my apology, on behalf of all the people around you while you are alive, for abandoning you when you needed us the most.

May we not to repeat the mistake again with our love ones now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors