Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Selamat Hari Raya Haji / Happy Eid Adha

Tomorrow Malaysians will be celebrating hari raya haji. And i am still KL, in my office in KL Sentral. For the first time in many years, I'm not going home to Kuala Terengganu. Poor Mom.  I just too engrossed with my work lately and totally forgot to plan to balik kampung.

Raya Haji is always a special occasion for me.  Normally i would make sure that I'l be home on that day and would slaughter a cow or two.  Normally I shared the korban with friends and relatives.  The korban meat would then be distributed among the needy families in the kampung.  One family would get between 500g and 1kg each.  It would be enough for them to have a good meal for a day or two.

I did that because some forty years ago, i could only taste the sweetness of the beef only during this occasion, someone would bring the meat to the house. It wasn't that much, not more than 50 or 100g, but that was good enough for me. Because that was the only time my diet would consist of meat for the year.   That's how i remembered it.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Adha everyone!

5 comments:

  1. selamat hari raya to you too, tn hj. you had a deprived childhood as a child only in terms of material, but lots of love and affection from your dear mom and sisters. it made the man you are today. and i don't see anything lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame you will not be comin home for Qurban, and the rain and the roaring sea!
    Pleae e-mail me your Alor Jambu address.
    Selamat Hari Raya

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame to miss a qorban at home.
    Pakcik

    ReplyDelete
  4. the only thing lacking in your childhood years is material comfort. you had and still have tremendous outpouring of love and affection from your mom and sisters. it has shaped you into the man you are today. nothing lacking there, far as i can see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Nali, thanks for the comments. i am writing a special posting about you. Just wait.

    Dear Pak Hassan, Thanks for the offer. I have replied your email regarding the matter.

    Dear friends, my apology, being new to this blog world, i forgot that i need to sign in before i can see your comments. I visited my blog almost daily to check if i need to response to any comment. But without signing in,i wont see any. So from now on, i will change the setting so that the comments will be published without my approval. I believe we are all mature enough not to abuse the privilege by giving unsavory comments, right?

    Again, thanks for all the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Visitors