Saturday, August 13, 2011

Al - Haramain Part 1

Al Haramain is an arabic word which means The Two Holy Lands.  Alhamdulillah, praise to Allah Al Mighty, I was in Madinah and Makkah again last May/June.  This post should have been written while I was there but time was not on my side.  It was a last minute decision actually.  At first I scheduled my visit to coincide with Ramadhan Kareem, coz the best time to visit the holylands for umrah is during Ramadhan Kareem.  There's an hadith that says an umrah performed during Ramadhan  will be rewarded as though we are performing the Hajj.  But I decided to go earlier as I may not know what will be holding me in the next few months.  True enough, if i have decided to wait until August, I may have not been able to go.

It has been quite a while since my last visit, 5 years to be exact.  The first time was in 1999, where i was also very fortunate to be able to visit the third holyland, the Baitulmaqdis.  But that is another story.
The Clock Tower and The Kaabah

Now that we are in the month of Ramadhan, i remember one incident that happened to me during one of my visits to Makkah.  It was nearly dawn, I was already sitting in the front lines in front of Kaabah. the jamaah are preparing for the Fajr prayer.  Suddenly i felt thirsty and would like very much to drink a glass of zamzam before the azan.  Once the azan called, you had to start the fast and couldn't drink anymore. In order to get that drink, I had to get up and leave my place. And i knew if i do that, I would lose the place for my solat and had to walk all the way to the back lines. And at the same time , i wanted to drink d zamzam so much.  While i was contemplating on what to do, i felt the urge to turn to my back. And i did just that. There, infront of my face, an Arab brother was handing me a cup of zamzam. MasyaAllah, Allah solved my problem.  I got my drink and I got my place in the front lines.

Back to my journey last May/June.    We touched down in Jeddah after a long flight from Kuala Lumpur.  They have upgraded the arrival hall at Hajj Terminal, now it is a new building with air conditioned. It took about one hour to get all the clearance.  It was delayed because all the immigration officers decided to stop working for awhile, for whatever reasons that only known to them. .   I was just too  familiar with that kind of  situation. A couple of years back, I was at Riyadh Airport Immigration clearance and for no reason, the Immigration officer refused to process our passports and ordered us to proceed to the his superior office.  The senior officer couldnt find anything wrong with our passports and ordered his junior to let us go. You just can't beat them. And one hour clearance was considered rather fast.

Once outside the terminal, we could not find our vehicles, the GMCs.  Perhaps that was one of the "test" for our umrah journey.  The we found out that they were not allowed to pick us up at the terminal, instead they must wait at the first check point, which was about 500 meters away.  We had to take two taxis to the check point and that three minutes journey cost us SR200.

....to be continued..












5 comments:

  1. I thought you had given up blogging. So I did not bother to come around. Now I will have problem leaving this comment as your comment box does not accept my Google a/c for some strange reasons. I will have to use anonymous.

    Tak balik KT? Tapi Pakcik tak ada dirumah seperti yang Pakcik tulis dalam posting.

    Pakcik Almanar

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodness...it's been here for 23 days without my being aware of it...

    glad to see you writing in here again. i shall be waiting for sequels to this post. so keep'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assallamualaikum

    Dear Pak Cik Hassan, thanks for visiting. what a nice suprise. I love writing and would never give it up, either blogging or something else.

    I was in Kota Bharu in the morning of 1st Syawal but by afternoon I was already at my mum's house in Wakaf Tengah. By nite time I was back in KB and the next morning I was already in KL.

    Last Monday Sept 5 I was back in KT and as usual we never pass the opportunity to be at beach. We did passed your lovely house and of course you were not home. I saw there's a new construction on the compound of Al Manar. It must be build to cater for more students, right Pak Cik? I really envy you and hopefully I could emulate you not too long in the future. It must be very satisfying to be able to "berbakti kepada anak bangsa sendiri, terutama yang berada di kampung".

    Till we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Pak Cik Hassan, in order for you to leave comment using your google account, i think you need to sign in into your google account first before proceeding to leave the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Nali, thanks for visiting and thanks for following my stories.. i will try my best to keep it updated as frequent as possible.

    ( after i finish this Haramain parts, i need to write about my trip into Israel about 10 years ago..)

    ReplyDelete

Visitors