Saturday, February 19, 2011

Maulidur Rasul

A few days ago we  celebrated Maulidur Rasul.  The day our beloved Prophet Muhammad SAW were born. I am sure everything that need to be said about him has been said.  I just want to relate my own experience whenever I think of our beloved Prophet.

In December 2001, I was on board the plane heading to Kuala Lumpur from Kuala Terengganu. I was on my way to perform my Hajj.  On my left seated a man,  probably in his 80's.  I made some conversation with him and at one point I mentioned our Prophet, I just said, "Nabi kita...." Suddenly the man cried sobbingly.  He was trembling. After a  while he said, " I can't hear the name, every time someone mention his name, i feel very very sad.  He loves his ummah so much but the majority of his ummah ignores his teachings..."

How true. And that made me sad too.  He was still crying while staring out the window. I left him at that.

Hajar Aswad
Whenever I was in Makkah, I would always like to think that I was very close to Prophet Muhammad SAW.  Every step that i took in the alleys in Makkah and Madinah was actually the very step that was taken by him when he was alive.  I was stepping in his footsteps. I was performing the tawaf at the same place as he was performing the tawaf.  I kissed Hajar Aswad.  The same hajar aswad that was kissed by him.


I saw his birthplace. A place that once stood a house where his mother gave birth to him.  When I want to snap a picture of the place, I was chased away by the guards of the masjidilharam.  They won't allow any idolization of Muhammad or anything related to him.  Alas, I just wanted to be close to him. To have the feel of being close to him.

Whenever I saw the Jabal Uhud, I saw him being defended by his sahabahs when the enemies were hurting him.  When I saw the place where the the battle of Badar took place, I felt like I was among the muslims fighting in the battle.  Don't you want to be in that battle? Because Allah has blessed ( redha) to those who had participated in that battle.
Graves of the Shuhadas at Jabal Uhud


I want so much to be near him. Once he said, "The person (s) who take cares of the orphans will be this close to me  in the day hereafter" and then he showed two of his fingers very close to each other.  So there's a chance to be his neighbor in the day hereafter.  Help an orphan, and InsyaAllah, you will be near him.

I always pray that one day Allah will grant me my wish, that i want to meet our Prophet in my dream.  But I know only the privileged persons would get that opportunity.  I may not be one of them.  But that would not stop me from dreaming.


 

4 comments:

  1. Insyaallah.... Amin. Thank you for this wonderful post, HjNordin. Keep up the good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ruzie ( or Kak Ha )
    thanks so much for the encouragement. InsyaAllah i will continue writing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Realising that being human we have our limitations, I believe in moderation in most activities. What is essential is the reasons for our actions - honourable and as expected in the religion we believe in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this makes me want to just drop everything and go to makkah...

    ReplyDelete

Visitors